Sunday, February 12, 2012

With a Little Help from My Friends.


So a month is a little longer than I had intended between posts and I’d given my current employment status I’m having a hard time finding reason for why I haven’t gotten around to posting sooner.

Probably the biggest news of note, which I am very excited about, is that this year I’ll have the support of a couple of companies to make a couple aspects of my running easier.


 The first of these companies is Injinji Socks. I approached Injinji in early Jan about representing the brand, and am glad that they were willing to throw their support behind me, as they were the first and only sock company that I was going to approach, as they are the only socks that I have used in the past 4 years, and the only ones I want to use for the foreseeable future. Wearing Injinji socks I know that I will be enjoying another comfortable and blister free year of running.


 The second company that I’m proud to have the support of is Shotz Sports Nutrition. For the past few years I’ve predominantly used Gu gels and for the most part have been very happy with them. The one criticism that I had was that they were quite thick, and while initially in races this posed no problems, it would take significantly more effort to get the gels down later (5+ hours) when racing at high effort. After sampling a range of the Shotz Gels I’m confident that this isn’t going to be a problem I’ll be dealing with this year as Shotz Gels are undoubtedly easier to get down than any other gel I’ve tried. Even their Lemon-Lime flavour (a flavour that I generally associate with gagging) went down without resistance at effort. Very important for me considering I get my calories almost exclusively from gels when racing.

I’ve also started using the Shotz Electrolyte tabs this past month and can’t be happier with them. I’ve never liked sugary electrolyte drinks as they make me feel bloated after constant consumption. The Shotz Electroylyte tabs are sugar free, easy to take down (they make you want to drink more) and easy to carry and mix into water on the go.

I cant stress how grateful I am to both these companies for supporting me this year and giving me the knowledge that both my feet and nutrition isn’t something I’ll need to worry about while training and racing this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment